Wednesday, September 17, 2008

All very charming

I love the comment about this Morph set sold by Hawkins at the moment:


Indeed! Most unlike something that happened this morning, which was decidedly not charming. I've had a blocked up ear lately, so went to the doctor's to try to stop a blocked ear turning into an ear infection, and they told me that it was a most unladylike condition - wax! So, I had to tip olive oil or Otex in, and if that didn't fix it, come in to get them syringed. Well, it didn't, so in I went on Tuesday, and since the last time I'd had them done (when I was about 10) they've invented some new machine which basically pumps a pressurised jet of water in little squirts into your ear. Well, ouch. Unforts the nurse, despite her best efforts, could not clear the bunged up ear (although she cleared the other ear OK, just to prove the point I reckon), so sent me away again with instructions to keep using the oil / Otex and come back if necessary. So, that night I squirted in some more Otex and went to bed, listening to it bubbling its way inside my head. Nice.

Next morning, in the shower, I stick my finger in my ear to clear some soap suds, and pull out, impaled on my nail, a huge wad of wax! Euw! Bleugh! It was bigger than a very large pea. I didn't look too hard, and was also glad that I don't wear my glasses in the shower, because there were some darker spots that looked like dead flies or some such which I really don't want to think about.

Points to note about this saga:
1. You can fit an awful lot into a human ear canal
2. The ear that became blocked was my phone ear, which has had to listen to Frenchmen rant and be evasive for the past six months, and no wonder it decided it had had enough and tried to stop itself hearing anything else. Poor thing.

On less don't-read-this-while-you're-eating topics:

Knitting

I have finished knitting the cuffs to the cabled bolero cardigan, but have yet to sew them on. It's a summer garment and it's now quite clearly autumn. Rats.

I've designed and knitted a felted bag pattern which lovely Robot at KniTWells is check knitting for me.

I've started check knitting a toddler's jumper which equally lovely Noblinknits at KniTWells has designed for us. Yes, people on the train, I am young and I am knitting. No need to stare.

Actually, I was knitting the bag on the train, and was packing up and getting off at London Bridge when this women beckons me over. She'd obviously been watching me, because she demanded to know why I'd gone round (picked up stitches around) all the corners. Gack, an audience! I had to explain that it was the base to a bag and I was now knitting the sides in the round. Very quickly before the train doors shut. I think I left her none the wiser.


House

We should be completing on the sale of the flat tomorrow, but if the rest of the sale process is anything to go by, it will be delayed. The Man met up with our buyers a couple of days ago, to let them into the flat because they wanted to measure up for furniture, and they were complaining about their solicitor too, saying that he was rubbish and kept asking questions that they'd already answered. The estate agents have foolishly sent me feedback forms about our solicitors, because they were their 'house' ones if you like. Oooo, shall I just go ahead and rip them to shreds??? Methinks I might. Effing useless, if you'll excuse the language. And to be fair, the agents themselves have not been much better (bar one person), losing paperwork and not knowing what was going on. I had to resend a scan of my passport because they've lost the bank certified copy, and I sent it in reasonably hi-res (say, 600kb), only to get it sent back because they couldn't print it because it went off the edge of the paper. What??? OK, so users can be numpties, but their tech support people couldn't even sort it out for them! Mon dieu. It really makes you want to scream.


Just so you know.







1 comment:

Glamourpuss said...

Funny, I saw those Morph kits when i was in Tun Wells yesterday. My first thought was that I would have loved that as a child, my second was that my Morph would have had 'special needs' and a dog hair problem.

Puss