Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Serious stash enhancement....

...aka hammering the bank balance. Ouch.


We were at Wonderwool at the weekend and unforts while it's good for selling it's also good for buying.


Some Amy Butler fabrics from a shop in the north half of Wales which I can't even pronounce let alone spell, but they were lovely people. I shall make two aprons from this lot (in my spare time). Mum wants to come for a sew-in (like a sit-in but different) - she said she liked team curtain making last time, and seeing as she got some fabric too and owns the pattern, sounds like a good idea to me! Actually I think she's just very covetous of my craft room.



Two lots of Manos Silk, the first a lovely rose sort of jumble...



Mmmm, silky rosey loveliness....



...for the Tea Leaves cardigan. Do you think it will work?



She needs to cheer up I think. Perhaps someone should get her one of those chocolate torte cakes from Love Patisserie. I would put the pic in of mum -erm- eating is not the right word - one of them but I think she might object. You know those 1950s pictures of children with chocolate from ear to ear? It was like that.

And some silvery greeny stuff for...






...brooklyntweed's Wool Leaves baby blanket.


I don't think gauge is too important for blankets. Probably.

Also some Malabrigo sock, maybe for a Damson or a Multnomah.



Some Yarn D'Amour Ariadne (63% silk, 36% cashmere).



And Sparkleduck silk/baby camel...



...and merino sock.




Check out Sparkleduck, she's new and was staying in the same hotel we were. Her yarn colours are yummo.

And some completely pointless yet amusing badges.



Not sure the one on the bottom right was quite true after the weekend, but we shall pretend it is!

Next week I'm back to France but at least we're in the posh chateau again and not in Paris. Hopefully the weather will hold because as a team we're walking the Yorkshire Three Peaks next month, and we're going to do some walking training during the brain training. What can I say, the three peaks seemed a good idea at the time....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness~gorgeous, gorgeous yarns in the most amazing colors! How lucky you are to now own all those treasures, but also, how broke you must now be! ha! I can not WAIT to see your finished projects with each one.