Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Grass is always greener

Here is a cute little hermit crab from an island just off Hurghada. An 'uninhabited' island, apart from 300 tourists boated in every day for the amazing snorkelling!


This was the patch of beach at the hotel, which was brilliant.


Karnak temple at Luxor. The ancient Egyptians were amazing. They built all this stuff about 2000 years BC. There are heiroglyphs on just about every surface.


The Man at Karnak.

In the Valley of the Kings.


A camel by the Nile.


Us on the Nile.



We've been away on hols for a week, relaxing, doing nothing but sunbathing and reading, and yet this morning, having parked the car after going to Sainsbury's, as I walked back through The Grove with all its cool, damp autumn smells and fallen leaves, I had a very content smile on my face. I love being on holiday, and The Man and I had a wonderful time and were probably very bucket-worthy and loved up, but it's still the best thing in the world coming home and having to make the bed, do the shopping, clean the loo. Because it's my bed, my shopping, my loo, and it's all just the way I like them.

1 comment:

Glamourpuss said...

Such contentment is inspiring.

Puss